Articles on this Page
- 01/04/19--16:41: _A Court Just Ruled ...
- 01/04/19--16:58: _The Government Shut...
- 01/04/19--22:42: _Without A Plan To E...
- 01/04/19--22:47: _The Supreme Court W...
- 01/04/19--21:40: _The Government Shut...
- 01/04/19--22:56: _Robert Mueller’s Gr...
- 01/04/19--23:07: _The Democratic Gove...
- 01/05/19--20:21: _Elizabeth Warren Wa...
- 01/06/19--16:10: _The More The US Pre...
- 01/06/19--20:45: _President Trump Is ...
- 01/07/19--15:35: _Ruth Bader Ginsburg...
- 01/07/19--21:25: _A Judge Told The De...
- 01/07/19--17:34: _Federal Workers Are...
- 01/07/19--21:03: _Planned Parenthood’...
- 01/07/19--23:02: _Alexandria Ocasio-C...
- 01/08/19--14:55: _Bernie Sanders’ Our...
- 01/08/19--16:53: _The Russian Lawyer ...
- 01/08/19--20:47: _DC's Mayor Will Sta...
- 01/08/19--20:25: _Paul Manafort's Law...
- 01/08/19--19:38: _Trump’s Oval Office...
- 01/04/19--22:56: Robert Mueller’s Grand Jury Is Getting More Time
- 01/05/19--20:21: Elizabeth Warren Was Asked In Iowa About *That* DNA Test
- 01/07/19--23:02: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Is A Perfect Foil For The Pro-Trump Media
The US Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit contends it's not a ban because transgender people can serve as their birth sex — that is, they can pretend they're not transgender.
“All I can do is pray that they open the government soon,” a security officer for the shuttered Smithsonian told BuzzFeed News.
Donald Trump is trying to make the case that the shutdown is worth it for a border wall, even if it lasts “years.”
Even if “partisan gerrymandering” can be addressed by courts, the Supreme Court would also need to decide how courts determine how much partisanship is too much — something the justices have been unwilling to address in the past.
An unintended consequence of the government shutdown is that the most well-compensated federal employees will reap hearty raises while hundreds of thousands of others go without pay.
The grand jury’s 18-month term was set to expire soon. Court rules allow for an extension of up to six months if it’s “in the public interest.”
Washington state Gov. Jay Inslee announced plans to pardon 3,500 marijuana convictions Friday after he filed a “test the waters” organization to challenge Trump in 2020.
“My question to you: Why did you undergo the DNA testing and give Donald Trump more fodder to be a bully?”
The hyped news accounts over Julian Assange’s fate at Ecuador’s embassy in London keeps missing one crucial factor: Ecuadorians.
The government has been partially shut down for 16 days, with 800,000 workers furloughed or working without pay.
The 85-year-old justice had never previously missed a day of arguments.
The judge said the defense’s court filings — which accused Mueller’s office of acting outside the law and included colorful language and pop culture references — were “unprofessional, inappropriate, and ineffective.”
“We all in the civil service took an oath to protect our mission and the Constitution, and while [lawmakers] still are being paid for their services, they are absolutely violating that.”
Dr. Leana Wen, the first woman physician to head Planned Parenthood, is putting an emphasis on health care over the political activism of her predecessor.
Both use the same online playbook — to starkly different ends.
“Run Bernie Run” will be the second effort from the senator's supporters to convince him to jump into the 2020 Democratic primary.
Natalia Veselnitskaya was indicted by a grand jury in December, but the charges were only unsealed on Tuesday.
The DC Superior Court, which runs the Marriage Bureau, is funded by Congress and had to scale back operations during the shutdown. The DC Council and DC’s mayor have stepped in.
Manafort's lawyers filed a response to allegations by special counsel Robert Mueller's office that he lied after signing a plea deal. They tried to keep certain sections secret by redacting, but it was done incorrectly, making the information public.
Trump administration officials have tried to make the case for the wall with incorrect claims about suspected terrorists at the border, about Mexico paying for it, and more.